Hair straightening can be a tedious task and not to mention, it also damages your hair to no extent. Going to a Japanese hair straightening salon has its advantages, but if you’re not comfortable with the treatment, you can look for some other hair straightening options which will not take a toll on your hair. Here is how hair wrapping works.
Hair wrapping is a very old but effective technique to straighten your hair almost instantly. It has been around for a long time and people used to wrap their hair when they wanted to keep their hair sleek and straight, because back then, there were no hair straighteners or treatments which could keep your hair sleek and smooth.
You basically wrap your hair around your scalp and secure them in place. You can do this at night before you go to sleep and in the morning, you can let your hair loose and you will be surprised by the results.
This works amazingly for longer hair which tends to get frizzy or if you just want to keep your hair in place while you sleep, you can use this technique too. It keeps the hair neatly in place and it doesn’t create frizz or kinks in the hair. It’s a very simple technique too and you don’t need a lot of fancy things to wrap your hair around your scalp.
A brush and some holding clips work just great and you will be left with smooth and straight hair the very next day and that too, without the damage of heat and manipulation.
How To Do Wrap Hair?
Here is a simple step by step guide on how to wrap your hair.
- First of all, make sure your hair is nicely washed and conditioned before you go towards the wrapping part.
- Use conditioners and shampoos with hair softening ingredients like argan oil. This will eliminate frizz and your hair will feel much smoother.
- Next, brush your hair thoroughly so that there are no dents or knots in it. You want the hair to be as plain as possible.
- Make sure your hair is completely free of any moisture and water when you go to the wrapping part. This will ensure that there is no frizz and your hair won’t look matted after the process is complete. You will be left with straight and shiny hair at the end.
- Now apply an oil treatment to your hair. This will give your hair that extra bit of shine and frizz will be a no show.
- Section your hair from the middle, creating a clean part. You will start the wrapping process from here.
- Take hair from either side of the sections, and using a comb, brush the section over the opposite side from where you took the section. Once the hair reaches the opposite side, secure it with a closing clip. Repeat this process until all of the hair is wrapped around your head.
- Once this is done, wear a silk shower cap to keep the hair in place and snug so that it doesn’t move when you sleep and toss around at night.
- The next day, remove the cap and the clips holding the wrapped hair in place and then reveal the magic.
Why Wrap Your Hair?
Here are some amazing benefits of wrapping your hair.
- This is a great hair straightening technique which doesn’t use heat and the results are almost instant.
- It doesn’t damage your hair and you are left with shiny and straight hair.
- It is great for longer hair and for people who have a hard time straightening their hair.
- The style stays put longer if you take care of it, so you don’t have to repeat the process again and again.
- It eliminates frizz and matted hair and your hair looks a lot healthier.
- It is obviously better for your hair health since it doesn’t burn the hair shaft.
There you have it! Hair wrapping has been around for years and it is a great way to keep your hair relatively straight without damaging it through constant use of heat. That being said, getting advice from a permanent hair straightening salon Rockville is recommended to straighten your hair naturally.