Eyelash extensions are of so many types and forms. You can get synthetic eyelash extensions, real extensions, and so much more from a hair salon. Here is everything you need to know about mink and silk eyelash extensions.
Silk Eyelash Extensions
How Are They Made?
Don’t be fooled by the name, these eyelashes are not made from real silk rather it is made from synthetic silk fibers which are sustainable and quite long-lasting. Synthetic silk is great for these lashes because it is a bit more rigid than real silk and it holds its shape really well. They are available in a variety of thicknesses. Nowadays, a lot more fine lashes are being made which is great, because they add a natural look to your eyes and make the extensions wearable for every day. Silk lashes are more popular than mink lashes.
Pros Of Silk Eyelash Extensions
Here are some things which are great about silk lashes:
- They are extremely long-lasting because they are synthetically manufactured. They can last up to months.
- They have no allergic reactions to people because it is not a natural thing and it is quite inert when it comes in contact with the skin or eyes.
- Silk lashes are one of the few types of fake lash extensions which are available in a variety of colors, finishes, and even thicknesses. You can get them in matte, glossy and in any color, you please.
- The dramatic look of lashes is variable. You can go for a natural everyday look or you can get thicker extensions for more drama.
Cons Of Silk Eyelash Extensions
Here are some things which are not so great about silk eyelash extensions.
- Silk is a very easy material to dupe and a lot of places will claim that lashes are made of synthetic silk, but the material will not be the same and it can be seen in the quality of the lashes.
- The glossy effect of the eyelash extensions vary brand to brand, so it can be quite frustrating if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
Mink Eyelash Extensions
Where Do They Come From?
Mink lashes were first originated in China and these lashes, either extensions or false eyelash bands, are made from the tails of small fox-like animals called minks. They are abundant in China and the hairs of the tail are very soft and fluffy. They are also very lightweight and they give a fuller look to the lashes. They are light and strong and you don’t even need mascara to help define them. This gives a more bushy appearance to the eyelash line and it looks fuller.
Pros Of Mink Eyelash Extensions
Here are some great things about mink eyelash extensions.
- These lashes are very natural looking and they have a great soft appeal about them.
- They are considered a luxury item because they are taken from a mink’s tail and it also has a very luxurious feel to them.
- They are lightweight because the natural structure of the mink tail hair is hollow from the inside, making this type of hair very lightweight and buildable on the thin lash line without weighing the eye down.
- It needs very less touch-ups because it is quite strong and naturally bushy.
Cons Of Mink Eyelash Extensions
Here are some not-so-great things about mink lashes, due to which these lashes have become obsolete now.
- These lashes are taken from animals that is considered highly unethical in certain parts of the world. People who care about the lives of animals and unwanted testing on them have boycotted these lashes, which is why their popularity has gone down quite a lot.
- They can cause allergic reactions to some people who have sensitive skin or eyes. For this reason, mink lashes are avoided by a lot of people.
There you have it! Now you know everything there is to know about silk and mink eyelash extensions. You can decide which one is better for you and which one will suit you more. When you’ve selected the type, look for an eyelash extension salon for getting them in a salon or buy and apply them yourself at home. Hypno